The System Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the infrastructure; he / she will also have to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes. This individual ensures the operating system software, application systems and related procedures are adhered to in keeping with organizational values, as well as enabling staff and partners.
- Minimum 3 years professional level experience with progressive responsibilities
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting routers, network switches, and other network peripherals
- Experience in designing and managing infrastructure for WordPress, Drupal and Magento
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience in databases such as MySQL, pgSQL
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g. VMware, Docker)
- Experience with application and infrastructure monitoring systems (e.g., Nagios, Zabbix, New Relic)
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, CFEngine, Ansible)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., Bash, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Ability to work independently and is a motivated self-starter
- Excellent communication skills; proven written and oral presentation skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- AWS certification in SysOps/DevOps
- Red Hat certification will be an added advantage
If you possess the required qualifications and experience in line with our requirements mentioned above, then we would like to hear from you. An attractive remuneration package awaits the right candidate.
Please email your complete CV to email@example.com stating the job code EME0078 in the subject line.